First of all, glycerin is a colorless, odorless, viscous liquid that is sweet tasting. In its pure form, it’s called glycerol.
So, as a Cheapito without repentance that I am, I decided to use my skin as a tester. Glycerin can be used for a million things on the body.
1. A moisturizer.
I applied some glycerin on my skin before going to sleep for a few days, and the results were shocking. In less than a week, I had smoother skin, and it was so soft! Well, glycerin absorbs moisture from the atmosphere, thereby hydrating the skin. So, by applying it on my skin, I got to have my skin moisturized even while I slept! Isn’t that just a dream? (Pun intended).
Some people also swear by using a mixture of rosewater and glycerin in a bottle and spritzing when the need arises.
•As a moisturizer, it can also be used on your hands. Notice how dry your fingers become after you’ve taken off your nail polish? Massage your nails with some glycerin and let it work its magic. In less than no time, you’ll have moisturized hands and cuticles!
• As a moisturizer, if you’ve got dry cracked heels, you could apply some raw glycerin to our heels overnight. You would notice your heels get healed, and after a while, you’ll have soft and supple heels.2. A toner.
One part glycerin to two parts rose water. Apply with a cotton ball after cleansing your skin.
3. A cleanser.
• 3 teaspoons of milk + 1 teaspoon of glycerin applied to the skin and left over night acts as a great cleanser.
Be careful with this. Glycerin is naturally sweet tasting, and the ants may come for you! LOL
4. A primer.
I applied a few drops of glycerin to my skin as a primer and my makeup barely moved. I had to use some blotting paper once or twice throughout the entire day.
5. A makeup remover.
When I said glycerin was the truth, I am sure you doubted me. Yes, it can also be used as a makeup remover. So, after a long day at work, you could just get yourself a cotton ball, dab on some glycerin (preferably mixed with rose water), and use that as as makeup remover. You’re killing two birds with one stone; removing your makeup while moisturizing your skin.
You could leave it on for a few minutes before washing it off.
The benefits of using glycerin are:
1. It gives smoother skin, by filling the cracks in your skin. So, bye bye wrinkles (with some glycerin and vitamin E).
2. It protects the skin by acting as a barrier between your skin and pollutants.
3. It heals dry and itchy skin.
4. It makes the skin softer.
Now, do you agree that glycerin is the truth?